Learn More About Us
At Oakland, we want to do everything we can to clear the way for you to come to church. When you visit, you will experience great music, encouraging messages, friendly people and a relaxed atmosphere.
Worship Service (9 a.m.)
Worship Service is at 9 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Great music, congregational singing, and times of prayer make the worship service at Oakland a welcome haven in a hurried world. The biblical sermons that are preached will give you helpful insights into making life more meaningful.
Oakland is an autonomous Baptist church which aligns with the Southern Baptist Convention. We have shared beliefs and value the cooperative partnership to advance the gospel around the world.
Our cultural identity is found in our values. They define who we are. These values connect us with our past and provide our foundation for the future.
Our identity is a combination of factors including:
- AUTHORITY OF THE BIBLE
- We value the Bible and believe it is God’s Word to us. The Bible is divinely inspired, inerrant and factually true. As a church and individuals, we study it, believe it, and submit to its authority.
- We value authentic worship as the ultimate end for which we were created. Rejoicing in the infinite, inexhaustible power, holiness, and beauty of God, we experience the height of joy as we celebrate Him.
- We value scripture-fed, Spirit-led, worship-based prayer as a privilege and means for the child of God to connect to Him in relationship. It is through prayer we display our dependence upon Him and advance the Kingdom of God.
- We value the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ by every believer and are committed to training, equipping and mobilizing disciples in sharing their faith locally and globally.
- We value believers growing in faith to become mature followers of Jesus Christ who can mentor others in their faith journey.
- COMMUNITY OF BELIEVERS
- We value fellowship that encourages, builds up and serves one another through relationship, partnership, companionship, and stewardship.
- We value strong families as foundational for a strong church and are committed to providing resources and helping hands to grow God-centered families.