Senior Pastor Search
Bios and photos: Meet the Senior Pastor Search Team.pdf
NOTE: WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TAKING APPLICATIONS
Oakland Baptist Church (OBC) located in King George, VA, is seeking a full time senior pastor to lead and shepherd our church of 80 members. Our mission is to “Make Disciples who Connect with God and people, Grow in relationship with Christ, and Produce through outreach and service.” Our future pastor should be a servant leader whose life is grounded in the inerrant Word of God with a passionate love for Jesus Christ, attuned to the guidance of the Holy Spirit through prayer, a gifted teacher, and called to a church revitalization ministry.
- Models the traits of a pastor outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Aligns with OBC’s Statement of Faith (see What We Believe).
- Is a personable leader who will lead by example through Christ-like character, personal integrity and individual discipleship.
- Can demonstrate leadership by originating and imparting a vision for ministry.
- Can demonstrate outreach skills that will inspire others to join our congregation to promote spiritual growth of the church.
- Is a gifted communicator to share biblically based, Holy Spirit inspired, sermons.
- Minister ordained by a Bible-believing church aligned with Baptist doctrine.
- Graduate theological degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school.
- Experience with preaching or lay leadership of worship service.
- Will consider those in the process of completing divinity studies with broad lay experience.
- Provide spiritual, pastoral, outreach, administrative and servant leadership.
- Prepare and preach weekly sermons based on expository preaching from the Bible with personal application.
- Collaborate with the Worship Team and Music Director to integrate appropriate music and creative elements to lead the congregation in worship experience
- Equip and lead the church to grow the ministries in dynamic and spiritual depth, both in numbers and in discipleship.
- Ensure the church provides care and counseling to the congregation (e.g., visit the sick, bereaved, prospects, etc.).
- Officiate ordinances of the church and special services (e.g., baptism, Lord’s Supper, weddings, funerals, infant dedications, etc.).
- Serve as the Leadership Team chair by facilitating the meetings and ex-officio member of all ministry teams to coordinate ministries. Assist in development of future leadership structures which may include pluralistic Eldership.
- Support, oversee and evaluate church staff.
- Represent the congregation in denominational or community organizations and activities to learn new ways the church can support and engage with the surrounding area.
- Serve as president of our incorporated church, representing the church in legal and public affairs matters.
To learn more about our church and community, please review the following: